Thread: New machine
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Little Lulu

I own three machines: 1) a Viking Diamond - 10 years old, 2) a Babylock Solaris - 1 year old and a 3) Singer 301A - almost 60 years old. Although I personally have never had any problem with my Viking, I have two friends who have had nothing but trouble and have not and cannot get any solutions to any of the problems; needless to say, I dread the day I have problems. The reason I purchased it is because it is the only dealer in our town, and now they are out of business. Viking seems to be going downhill from everything I have read here on the Board. I wouldn't trade my Solaris for anything; I still am learning, but I really love it. I do embroidering, sewing and quilting on both my Diamond and Solaris. I now tend to lean towards my Babylock because of the throat space, and the classes that have been offered and use my Diamond for embroidery just because of its familiarity (although I am quickly learning on my Solaris. My Singer is the machine I sewed with up until 10 years ago and still use it for retreats, workshops, piecing, etc......it is my workhorse. It has never been in a shop for repairs...just for cleaning and check ups. Therefore, my advise is to check out other suggestions before purchasing.

Last edited by Little Lulu; 09-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.