Thread: Ice blossoms
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Battle Axe

I suppose I should change. My real name is Marcia, which is the female version of Mark which means to leave a mark in the foreheads of your dead enemies on the battlefield. Kind of a gruesome thought.

My first husband (our marriage was over after the first week) stayed for 18 years. Until he found someone who he thought could or would take "better care of him than I could". He was the first one who called me Battle Axe. I'm really a sweet little old lady, a shrinking violet, etc. He actually did run off with someone we met in Sunday School. He thought she had money and she thought he had money. Neither one had a dime. I ended up with all the property and all the bills, but I worked hard and paid the bills.

So I'm sitting in the lawyer's office trying to get an LLC, trying to think up something to call myself. But with initials of MAC, all the things I could think of were taken. So I jokingly said Battle Axe. They ran that through the computer and guess what! No one had taken that name and I got it. It was in stone before I could change it.