View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 12:46 PM
TeresaA

Well I bit the bullet and signed up for the "Quilters' Exclusive" Bundle so I could see the list of free kits (and could cancel if I didn't find any that I would like). As expected, the kits were limited, but one of them happened to be one I had considered buying even if I didn't subscribe! So I went ahead and ordered.

Again, this is the deal I signed up for:
So, for $79.99 I have a "free" quilt kit that I wanted anyway that would have cost $93 at their current 50% off sale price, plus I have a year of Bluprint! and the 12 "keep forever courses". I think it's a steal. If I find some bargains on merchandise with their member discount, it's another bonus.

I had some minor video and PDF download glitches that were resolved by changing from Microsoft Edge browser to Firefox. I spent the morning cleaning and listening to videos. One was on pressure cooking and now I have a good recipe for Instant Pot pulled pork that I'll probably make this weekend! I also watched one on embroidery and may take that up to find a home for all the old cross-stitch floss I have.

I think the old Craftsy classes are very high end and I'm enjoying them immensely. The new series "Fresh Quilting" offered some really inspirational ideas too. I am really glad I subscribed. I have a feeling I'll download course materials and see everything I want to see within one year, but who knows? Maybe they'll expand enough that I'll find a need to stay subscribed.

Knowing how the instructors are paid, I'll make sure and leave the courses on even if I'm not paying a bunch of attention, just so the instructors can get their money.

I'm saving my 12 "keep forever" classes for some that appear to be behind pay walls even for members. The one specifically that I've found is the Joen Wolfrom color course. I may get that one soon.

Anyway, so I think I figured out what to do ;-). Thanks for all the input!

Last edited by TeresaA; 10-17-2019 at 12:52 PM.