View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Charity Quilter

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

Quiltncrazy you sound identical to me.....bone chilling cold, IBS, NO can do Sugar!, etc.... Yes, diet and exercise are a lot of help and I too push my self, push through the pain. I am not going to end up in bed all day long because of pain. I refuse!

I want to know what causes this just like the rest of you, it's very discouraging to go from Doctor to Doctor just to hear the same answers over and over....and then to be put on drugs that just mask the problem. I want a cure not a mask! I've quit going to Doctors except for yearly physicals. I never get an answer so why waste my money~the Doctors don't know any more about Fibro then we do~! Isn't that true? If you have a Doc that is working with you and has knowledge of Fibro ....stick with him or her.

Here are a couple of ideas for pain from the health food stores: White Willow Bark by Solaray. And Relief by NutriBiotic which contains White Willow Bark Extract. These are "natural" Aspirin alternatives. Alternatives....not Aspirin.

I have to stay away from fried foods because of IBS.....fried foods are no good any way so no big loss. We bake instead of fry. Large amounts of fresh veggies and fruits~organic is best. Though I have to be careful with the fruit because of the natural sugar. Chicken or Turkey meat is all we eat. Dairy is not a good choice either and I love cheese! I splurge every once in a while.

If anyone needs prayer please don't hesitate to ask...as I have a prayer ministry. You can PM me. My prayer partners are awesome~!

Charity Quilter Dar