View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:47 PM
TeresaA

Thanks, Susie.

Another update.

I received my "free" quilt kit today, a Boundless black and beige quilt, 80x96, so really huge, more than the promised 14 yards of fabric, considering that the cuts are generous. The fabric isn't quite as good as I'm used to, maybe better than Joann's, but not as good as my favorite Kaufmans. But the colors are nice. I don't think Craftsy/Bluprint recommends washing before making, but fabric gives me a headache if I don't wash it, so I will anyway. We'll see what the quality, color fastness and shrinkage are after washing. I bought some 5" "fractals" swatches during their "boundless" sale, but I doubt I'll order whole fabric unless I get a huge discount. I'll use the swatches for an art quilt.

I hadn't ever had a Craftsy or Bluprint subscription before, so I think the courses are wonderful. Some are a little too basic, but if I leave the videos running while I'm doing something else, I'll often pause on what I'm doing for interesting tips even with the basic courses. It's possible that some of the coursework could be found via You Tube or whatever, but I get value in browsing the options from a list and watching things I'd never have thought of studying.

I have a feeling I'll cancel after a year, but I definitely see the value in $80 worth of courses, including 12 "keep forever courses" along with a large free quilt.