View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 AM
KalamaQuilts

Grace, doing scrappy is the result of having stash and recognizing I have to use it I'd love to go out and buy the fabrics this year but I work from what I have and the only thing I have enough of is the dark blues. So I'll be changing out colors to what I have, it will still be pretty. I'll be doing half size, as a bed runner/couch quilt size. I don't need any more big quilts.

Shortly there will be links here to shops that have bundled the colors or the quilt, you can get them all in one swoop if you desire.

There is maybe a days worth of cutting sewing in each clue. The crush comes at the reveal and the time it takes to put it all together. That is done according to our own speed. Weeks or years, doesn't matter. The first year I participated I thought that first week, "is this all there is to it?" so I cut a second wad of strips in another color group. Mistake...

The cutting was what I always hated about making quilts, but learning how efficiently Bonnie does it make it not drudgery but a pleasure.

Using the easy angle rulers was a quiltmaking changer, no more +1/8" measurements. If you need to make 2.5" half square triangles, you cut 2.5" strips, and use the ruler to add the difference to make them come out perfect every time, no trimming down which is an exercise that doubles the time to make a quilt. As my FIL says, work smarter, not harder.