Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Old 12-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by eileen9422 View Post
how do I get to the clues for the frolic mystery quilt
you have to buy the pattern for frolic.

https://quiltville.com/shop.html#!/D...rns/c/13038426

scroll down and you will find on the right it for $12
Old 12-05-2020, 05:14 AM

Lovely finish Tallchick. I've had yet another health set back along with the various issues I'm dealing with right now/this year. I have gotten all the blocks together, I have gotten the outer border together, today I'm going to work on that inner border, piecing it from neutrals, and then everything can go together and I can get a picture.

I've really enjoyed working on this "UFO" but what I can say is all UFOs are not equal -- I'm calling this a "puzzlement". This was a delight, the original quilter had done such nice work and everything (but the missing units) was there in the box. It came out much lighter and airier than my top and while I love that zig zag border, I decided to turn the units into white Geese shapes. Hopefully have a picture tomorrow.

I didn't print out the clues last year, I wish I had. I had notes I had taken and my original project to refer to. The original quilter had included most of the printouts, but I managed to mislay them so completely I know that somewhere in my house must be a quilting black hole that has sucked them into there.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:09 PM

That looks beautiful, Tallchick! I like your border. I am in the process of quilting mine now, but I have taken a break in order to sew a few small Christmas gifts. The quilt is so heavy, I feel as though I am wrestling an alligator.

Leslie
Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 AM

I just now finished making all the blocks and the borders and its put together except the borders. What did you do with all the extra parts she had us make? I made what she told us but wow, I have many more than I needed and darn I cut into fabric to make the numbers and now I don't need them. I want to put them together and use them in the back but need some ideas.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:00 AM

Here is a quick pic of what I made with all the frolic scraps, found it in my pictures the other day..

Attached Thumbnails throwquiltshaire.jpg  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:36 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for posting a picture of what you did with the left over pieces. I needed validation that others had many left overs too and inspiration for what blocks to make to use on the back
Old 01-13-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
Here is a quick pic of what I made with all the frolic scraps, found it in my pictures the other day..
What a great use of the leftovers! I don't know if I have the motivation to tackle an extra quilt with those pieces. How big did it turn out, origami? I just finished quilting mine and now have to make the binding and sew it on. Maybe when that is done I will feel more like venturing on.
Thanks for the great inspiration.

Leslie
Old 01-14-2021, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
Love what you did with your leftovers, super cute.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:42 AM

Iceblossom what a beautiful finish and kudos for doing a second one...

Tallchick, also a wonderful finish...the borders really bring it all together. I can’t wait to see it quilted.

origami, I like your colorful quilt ...great job purposing your orphan blocks.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
What a great use of the leftovers! I don't know if I have the motivation to tackle an extra quilt with those pieces. How big did it turn out, origami? I just finished quilting mine and now have to make the binding and sew it on. Maybe when that is done I will feel more like venturing on.
Thanks for the great inspiration.

Leslie
It is a small throw, just big enough to curl up under in the recliner in the evenings. The flying geese blocks were what I used out of all the extras we had already cut and sewn, I used all my extra HSTs to make more geese, and ended up having to cut out one last pair for the center block. I ordered a little extra yardage of the pink, blue and green for binding options for Frolic and liked none of them against the actual quilt, so they were used to make the ohio stars. I still have plenty of scraps of the fabrics in my scrap bins to play around with later, too. This was just made out of precut extra pieces, and I love it every bit as much as my original quilt.

Thanks for all the compliments!