View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Iceblossom

I love the quilting and I love fabric of all sorts. I played with a bunch of different techniques for a couple of years maybe 20 years ago? Dying whole solid cloth in the washing machine, tie dying in the microwave, bleach processes, batik and wax processes, all sorts of things. I've been know to take a marker and draw on fabric too. Once it was a large apple blossom white on white and I "highlighted" the white outlines with black marker. But I've just added dots of color here and there to make things play a bit nicer together.

And back in the days of Tri-Chem, I don't know how many people remember that stuff but I loved it... used to make little punk/new wave baby t-shirts for my friends with bright colors and angular designs.

I guess I'm committed to being in on this project, didn't really need another one right now but when has that ever stopped me?

I went back to the site and wrote down the yardage amounts and color groups. Probably start ironing and putting together color groups around Monday. I don't really like to iron (hate it!) but that bag needs it so I'll do it in sporadic bursts between sewing on my current donation project which is small and will be quick.