View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Iceblossom

Sails, the nice thing about something like this is that there will be a lot of different people with a lot of different skill sets, as well as fabrics as you are seeing in the thread! You can go at your own pace. We aren't going to be exchanging blocks, just making our own.

Typically you get some homework to do between each hint, like make 75 9-patches or whatever it is with clear directions, measurements, etc. Some people do all theirs right then and there as the hints drop, others plug along, and still others don't even start yet at all for various reasons.

As mentioned, you can buy one fabric of each color if you haven't accumulated stash or you can use this as an excuse to go hog-wild in the fat quarter section of your favorite shop.

I'm a bit nervous about how mine is going to turn out using bright yellow instead of neutral -- but there is only one way to find out! I have the fabric, I have the time. If I don't like it, well it will get donated and keep someone warm. And it is true, usually I drag my friend Barb into things like this so there is usually someone with crazier fabric than mine -- but even without her someone always does something remarkable like making a pale watercolor version or something that is outside the norm but outstanding.