View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Iceblossom

Yesterday I did some bleach and tea dye processes on the green solid and a piece of solid yellow. Today I went to the dollar store and picked up things like rubber bands and cheap sponge and going to try some binder clips and paper clips in my processes! Also got some cheap vinegar to help set the tea and any natural elements I use. Don't know if it will stay in or not, but I think I'll get some basic beets and just cut some slices and let them soak up on some of the white before I dye it yellow.

Right next door is my local Joann so I picked up some Golden Yellow Rit dye, and a spray can of Tulip brand paint that is white... the spray can wasn't where the dye stuff is it was back in the markdown section but apparently it wasn't marked down in the computer, but I thought it would be fun and sometimes you need to lighten stuff back out after you've dyed it.

So now I'm sitting and waiting for the plumber, we are having a problem with water heater expansion tank and/or relief valve and I've had warm water going straight out of my house for the last couple of days. We turned the heater down and it isn't warm enough for my bath or to safely wash dishes, and I don't want to do extra laundry (ie, washing those fabrics) until the water loss is dealt with.

My fancy Bernina sewing computer is also acting up. Oh yeah, have a car issue going on. It will be good to have a project to keep me busy and not spending! Or at least I'm done spending now, Joann and Dollar store was a little over $20.