View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:53 PM
joe'smom

QNinaSue, thanks for the explanation! I don't think you need the chips; Bonnie put scans of them in her intro, and while they may not be perfectly accurate seen on computer, I'm sure they're close enough to get a good idea of the colors.

What I would keep in mind when choosing blues is that the med. blue should have good contrast with the dark blue, and should also be darker than the aqua. I think the med. blue in your first photo or the bright blue in the middle of your last photo would be the right value for the med. blue. I see an aqua in the photo of your lights, so that could serve as your aqua if you don't like the one the vendor sent you. Your dark purple from your second photo or the two darker blues from the next photo, as well as the dark blue from the top photo would all work as your dark blue.

So maybe start out by choosing your med. blue, then decide which dark blue you like best with that and your aqua. You could then decide on a green you like with them. It looks like all of your reds are reading as mediums, so I would look for something darker to serve as your 'framboise.'

I think some of the vendors preparing packs are choosing raspberry shades because 'framboise' means 'raspberry' in French; but Framboise is also a raspberry liqueur that is a deep shade of red, and I suspect that is what the color name on the chip is referring to. I think Bonnie described the shade as magenta/fuschia in her intro, rather than raspberry.

I have my reds, aquas annd med. blues pressed!

Last edited by joe'smom; 11-10-2019 at 01:57 PM.