View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:16 PM
moonrise

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I've been at a near-standstill for soooo long, but am down 115.6 now. Yeah, just 5 pounds since the last time I posted. Sigh! But ... better 5 down than 5 up, so I'm not going to complain too much.

I saw that they added two new plans yesterday: Green and Purple are new, and they're calling the regular plan Blue now. With Green, you get more daily points, but fewer zero-point foods. With Purple, you get fewer points, but a ton of zero-point foods, including potatoes.

I decided to go with Green, which seems to have more structure. It's possible I was overeating zero-point foods (namely yogurt!), so Green will force me to count that yogurt, and many more previously-free foods as well. About the only zero-point foods on the Green list that I like are apples, bananas, and applesauce, so those will be my only freebies.

After my first goal of losing 100 pounds (done - yay!), my second goal is to weigh less than my DH. I'm within about 5 pounds of him now. I would've reached that goal months ago, but the little stinker lost about 15 pounds as a "side effect" of us not eating at restaurants much anymore. He basically reset that goal for me! LOL! My third goal is to be under 200 pounds. I'm sooooo close. Hopefully the new Green plan will get the scale going down again.

Some NSVs: My original wedding rings fit again. My high school class ring fits again. That's three ring sizes down. I had to break down and buy some more new clothes. Instead of having to mail-order them from plus-size companies, I was able to go in and buy clothes at Walmart. That was awesome (and waaaay cheaper). I'm enjoying going hiking, and can go about 1.5 - 2 miles now. I'm much more heat-tolerant than I used to be, too. Anything over 70 degrees was miserable to me. It was 102 degrees, with a 117 heat index, at one of my craft fairs this summer, and although I wasn't exactly thrilled about it (LOL!), I wasn't a completely miserable mess, either.

One not-so-great thing: Loose skin. My thighs, backside, and tummy look like deflated balloons. Unless I win the lottery (ha), cosmetic surgery isn't really an option, so I'll just live with it. It's still better than carrying all that extra weight, and my clothes cover it up anyway. My "bat wings" are still there (and are still flapping! LOL!), but I think they've shrunk a little bit.

Anyway, that's where I'm at now.