Old 11-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Iceblossom

Linmid, not too forward and I'm sure other people are wondering as well. I've just ended a period of stash reorganization and sending out fabric. I started reducing my stash about 10 years ago when I got my vision issues diagnosed so all the easy stuff is gone by now. I was faced with the very true reality that no, I wasn't going to be able to use all my fabric before my eyes failed me.

I think right now I'm in a sewing and re-messing up my organization mood. I've sent out most of my "unwanted" fabric and basically I do want everything I have... but I do still have things I'm willing to give away or can give away once I'm done with an on-going project so I'm keeping my eyes out. Turns out I had a whole bunch of homespuns that I was done with and Pam casually mentioned she wanted to do something but they weren't as easy to find as they used to be (or something like that).

So unfortunately, I don't have anything really suitable in mind to send for your use. I do have a box going to a similar cause that is already spoken for. I have a crumb quilter friend on the boards that I periodically send my cutting scraps to, I keep a box at my cutting table for her. I do a number of donation quilts each year and have been using my more kid-friendly fabrics for that.

I do have a fairly large, fairly well organized stash that goes back from my own purchases to the late 70s/early 80s, plus I collected vintage fabrics for quite awhile although I sold most of those. Maybe because I collected "true" vintage I never got into the 30s prints, have close to zero. Most of what I buy now comes from thrift stores, I buy very little modern fabric. I've been told I have the "Humane Society of Fabric" and would agree with that -- a lot of what I have left has character more than beauty maybe, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, I am willing to share but I am best asked for very specific things, like do you have any Coca Cola fabric (no) but I think I still have a piece of Elvis... I also need to know how much in terms of size or pieces, most of my yardage is in rather small cuts (under 3 yards and most smaller). I usually don't charge, sometimes postage is nice, other times it is just the cost of setting my fabrics free. But I don't want to turn my thrift store shopping into a business and sometimes, no it just isn't convenient for me to get to that box of pink right now or whatever.

I've been sharing fabrics with people on Missingfabrics.com for years, and really recommend them especially for more modern (last ten years) yardage amounts -- the sort of thing I don't have. I'm mostly fulfilling "collector" requests like there was a person once looking for fabrics with blue roses.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 11-16-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: minor clarifications