View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 07:34 PM
kristijoy

I love your color choices. I especially like the periwinkle blues and that hot pink. Oh and the navy! and the light aqua. Well guess that just about everything! Your choices have wonderful contrasts and clear yummy feel too.

I've been considering tweaking the colors, but your rendition of it has totally inspired me!

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
I don't know why I didn't think to check here in the challenges section for this year's mystery. This group always has great info and suggestions.

My first big quilt was a BH mystery, Carolina Christmas. Have made many since; I usually switch the colors out, based on what I have, what I like, and not wanting a quilt so similar to so many others. This year, though, I'm going pretty closely to BH's suggestions. Kind of, lol.

I did get the paint chips, and love them all except the framboise. That I am switching to a more cherry color. And my dark blues are the color of the chip, but seem way too dark for blue bonnets?

The day of first clue we will not be home. Arrive home Sunday, I think, so will sew like the wind to get that clue done before the next. Then home for 2 clues and gone for the next 3 (including reveal)! Airline I am traveling on has generous bag allowance, and could take a small machine as carry on, but will be in a 2 br condo w/ DD and her family. Am I really going to be sewing when there is an almost 4-year old and an 18 mo old? Decisions, decisions. Someday, I will be home for most of the mystery!

My fabrics (have not yet pulled neutrals, but that is not a problem).