View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 05:31 AM
Iceblossom

QueenbarbieJ I think your reds look great with your selections even if brighter than the paint chip. Love those aboriginal turtles! And a fantastic collection of neutrals.

Carol in WI, love your single fabrics, especially with that background/neutral. I would probably declare your light blue the Refresh/aqua figuring it as sky and using the gold as the Skada/lighter blue. Both of those colors are the lowest amounts of yardage, slightly more of the Aqua -- so use your favorite of the two for that.

Today is the day to finish the dying! If I had not been stuck at home without a car there is no way I would have stuck with all this boiling. I will still have approximately 1/2 or so of that bag untreated unless I get some renewed surge of motivation, but on the other hand I have prepared about twice the yardage needed for this project. Still think a log cabin out of them would be nice and would work with the remaining colors. Have enough vinegar to do maybe half of what is left...

Oh, for an update on the water heater, our preferred installation company was able to find a model that will fit in our space, it had to be special ordered but will be installed (finally!) Tuesday before Thanksgiving. City sent us a notice on bright green paper to get our attention asking if we were using more water or was there possibly a leak and what to look for, we explained the situation and they won't send out a crew to inspect the lines. Total cost will be under $3k (we chose the no rush option on the special order), so less than the 3.5 I was figuring with the build out. I know things can be a lot cheaper and easier in other jurisdictions. Here, just to replace a water tank with no changes at all still requires a $60-70 permit -- yes, if you went down to the home improvement store and did it yourself on a basic electric tank it still requires a permit. We could do an electric tank but neither hubby nor I are comfortable around the gas lines. Now you also have to have a city inspection ($25-40??) within 3 months of installation or your warranty is voided, inspection is partly about the earthquake strapping. Permit was still required last time (I think it was only $20) but the inspection part is new.

Car should be ready on Thursday or Friday. I'm keeping myself ignorant of the cost because sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'm just trying to be a good sport about it all will be about two weeks total of no car. After I get the car back I'll see what's left of my repair budget and if I can take the Bernina in for it's servicing and possible repair. Nice thing is I have plenty of vintage machines to choose between as well as the cheapo Brother. The thing I have most against it is it is so light! Moves around all the time but I have some of that stuff you put under a carpet and I'll try that.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 11-20-2019 at 05:35 AM.