View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 12:05 PM
zozee

Originally Posted by Bobbinalong
This is a great idea that I may hijack for my 1.5", 2" and "2.5" strips which are currently laid into plastic shoe boxes.

My strings are all less than 1.5" though and are dropped into a tote under my cutting table, triangles go into a bag ready for 'corners' of QAYG blocks. I may give it a try to roll these but I'm not sure I would keep it up though. What are the smallest pieces you keep zozee? I keep short strings for 3" wide 'adding machine paper' piecing and pieces shorter than that I keep for ................. well, I'm sure I'll think of something
The smallest I keep these days is 2x2, but not for long. I'm trying to sew up the ones I have into 4-patches (as the mood strikes) but really have little tolerance for little pieces. I save crumbs (which, to me, are any size I'm tired of that'll fit into a snack size ziploc bag) but when the bag is full, I give them away. Same for selvages and strings I'm "done with" psychologically. I keep charms and scraps about that size or larger, plus strings at least 1.5 x 6.