View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 04:54 PM
PamelaOry

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Sometimes with email something might come across in a way that wasnt meant to. I dont think anyone here is trying to be unhelpful. In years past where we have participated there have been some that have crossed into an area that Bonnie has asked us not to and some of those who did got defensive when reminded that they were giving out clues as to what the mystery would be. This thread is now monitored more closely, ( it was last year) and last years mystery was just that, a mystery right up till the end. I am with you PamelaOry, even though I have done a few of these it will remain a mystery to me right up to the end.
interesting history! I had no idea this mystery has so many facets to it. I think I will refrain from posting any progress updates, just to be on the safe side.

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Pamela - this is just a hunch but I wonder if the more people that "click" onto her website/blog the more she might be compensated by advertisers/sponsors? I could be far off but I often follow the flow of money and find (some of) the motivation behind the noise

Regardless of all the hush-hush that typically surrounds her mystery - I think she offers a fabulous (and free) opportunity to have fun and learn a lot! I loved making On Ringo Lake and it was an excellent experience for me - I hope you enjoy it as well!
Good point! It makes sense that she wants to maximize her clicks. On another note, it’s because of your glowing recommendation that I decided to try this whole mystery thing out. So now we know who to blame if and when I drive everybody crazy with my questions!
Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Bonnie wants to be the only source of information about her mystery on the internet, which I think is a reasonable desire since she is the creator (but a difficult goal to achieve, given its popularity and the nature of the internet). One of the reasons she has mentioned in the past is that people get things wrong and then she is eventually blamed for putting out an inferior pattern, because people got their information from somewhere else.

I can't recall if this was mentioned, but a reminder that we're not supposed to take photos of our units on our cutting mats, because this also gives things away.
this makes perfect sense to me and I can understand why she wouldn’t want people to post their interpretations of her instructions, I just didn’t understand why we couldn’t say “I’ve got 40 more to go.” Or whatever.

thanks everyone for responding, clearly this whole mystery thing is taken very seriously. I’ll be sure to mind my p’s and q’s!