View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 08:54 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Question... are we supposed to be using all our reds in this one step or just picking some for this part and saving some for using later? Same question about the blues... by cutting strips, and because I am making the throw size, I only used about half my reds and blues... any thoughts if this is the right way to go? Is it ok to ask on the facebook page?
This is always an interesting question (you can certainly ask about it on the Facebook page). I really like the idea of using some fabrics in the color group for one clue and others for another clue, because that should make it easier to avoid repeating fabrics in a block. The difficulty is, we don't know how many clues there will be using each color, and I wouldn't want to leave some fabrics out and then not get a chance to use them. For this clue, I used all of my reds and medium blues because I have fewer of those, but used only the dark blues that I thought looked best with the other two colors, as I have more dark blues.

Last year I used different groups of neutrals for each clue and that worked out well.

I'm really intrigued by these 4-patches. It seems like an unusual color combination and reminds me of berries in a bowl.

I had kind of a shock -- I decided to measure my strip sets along the length and found that my pressing was atrocious. The first batch I measured were all very bowed out in the middle on the red side. Fortunately, I was able to fix them by repressing and using more pressure in the middle of the strip. I had no idea I had this pressing habit. Unfortunately, I forgot to check the second batch, but I was conscious of the issue then, so hopefully I did a better job. I have them all cut and pinned, so hope to finish up today.