View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Girlfriend

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I'm with you Girlfriend, I have struggled with this one. So much that I'm just kind of hanging around looking at all the great 4 patches for inspiration. Still considering red and blue instead of red and raspberry. I even took the chips to the store and gathered the colors on bolts in the shopping cart and couldn't pop and purchase yardage. That's why this Mystery is so great, it's different every year. At the end, they always look wonderful. Keep going everyone, looking good.
Yes, I've also been following the 4 patches already done, trying to decide how to make the colors that I have go together. I went back and read her directions again in the Introduction, and the chips are ranges of colors. So perhaps I've been taking too literal. For example, "Framboise! (A fancy French word for a color family of fuscia to raspberry!)". So I need to go back and pull more of a range, instead of just that color. I always learn so much about color from doing these mystery quilts.

I do think if you choose to do the red/blue or red/raspberry, either way your quilt will be beautiful.