View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:43 PM
origamigoldfish

I finished piecing my squares today, after quite a bit of struggle I found a way to get my consistent seam allowance without fighting myself or the machine. I will press them and hopefully get a picture after dinner; some of the color combinations I just love, but others I don't care for. I think it was because my dark blues were full of almost-black fabrics and very few actual blues, and my raspberry shades are mostly pink without the purple and red undertones. That's what I get for not choosing my own fabrics, but I also refuse to judge the whole project by one tiny part of it. Once I see how it fits into the whole I may forget all about how little I like the pink and blues together.

I'm enjoying the scrappy feel and giving up so much control and just going with the flow. I wanted to focus on learning technical things here, not creativity!

I made a handful of extra blocks, in case something ends up measuring short when I go to trim my blocks in the morning or I don't like the way some of them fit in the whole quilt.