View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 AM
origamigoldfish

I have to work a few busy days this weekend, but I did start pressing all of my neutral fabric for clue #2. Does Bonnie warn us when we are getting to the end of our fabric? For example, will she tell us "this will use the rest of the raspberry?" I am worried that by cutting a strip off of all my fat quarters for variety in my strip sets, I may not have enough inches for larger cuts later on.

Also another question, I am slowly squaring up my four patches from clue #1. I am using that folded corners mini ruler Bonnie recommended to square up my blocks, and my four patches are coming up just a thread short in spots. They read fine on the ruler I used to cut my fabrics, but it is too big to square off with and they are a tiny bit short on a ruler with finer lines. Not all of them, and not all the way around the square, typically just in a corner here and there. Should I repress them and not worry about it? I really don't want to have to redo all those four patches over a thread's width of fabric.

I will move my seam guide over just a hair before I do any more sewing.