View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 02:18 PM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
So my question for this very interesting pouch is how do things stay in it if lies flat when opened? Is their a pattern/size for the "s" (bag itself)? Thanks for taking the time to make one & tell us how to do it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]620610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]620611[/ATTACH]

Just made another one, not finished clipping all the extra threads, pic 1 shows the bag being partially opened, and forming a tube, so you can retrieve an item from the bag.
Pic 2 shows the bag opened fully and laying flat on my cutting board nothing has fallen out.
Pic 3 shows the bag standing on its' own, with the zipper closed.

I do not have a pattern, you only need to print out the my first black and white picture and add on about a 1/8 inch, which you will trim, once you have sewn in the zipper. If you are putting on a plastic zipper, I would allow another inch or so, then sew along at the end and trim off any extra on the zipper.

I hope this helps you with your questions.
Attached Thumbnails small-pouch-opened-one-end-1-now-forms-tube.jpg   small-pouch-opened-right-up-lay-flat-pic-2.jpg   small-pouch-closed-standing-up-pic-3.jpg