View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Iceblossom

I've never been one much for 30s prints but I'm really excited to seeing this project done with them. What a hoot!

I really understand the people who can't commit without seeing the final quilt. This project just came up at a good time for me, I was in a lull between ending what I was doing and I wasn't really inspired to work on any of my own projects and I typically do something quilting related every day. I'm pretty much a quilting control freak but I'm trying to loosen up and so things like this are good for me but I don't do them often. What I tell myself is that I've designed quilts myself and every fabric placement and have been unhappy with the end results, so it's no biggy if this ends up as a donation project because most of my projects are for donations. But I truly understand people who only get to sew rarely and so save their time for things precious to them.

I'm dealing with essentially free stash fabrics that makes a big difference as well. But for people who don't know me, these hand dyes are not the sort of thing I usually work with! I have plenty of "tiny viney" prints in the correct color ways I could use. I am not normally one of the out of the box fabric collections, but hit or miss it's always fascinating to me when I'm either a participant or lurker. But again, sometimes you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone and find out what happens. I or someone I know might think this is the best thing ever, and if not I enjoy the energy of doing a group project like this even when the group isn't physically together.

In my life it seems like life is a balance of having money and no time, or having time and no money. Right now I have lots of time and fabric and very few other commitments so hooray for me!