View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Aescley

Default Oops, some of my batting is showing...

Hi folks,

I posted here a while ago for some advice on making my first ever quilt. I am happy to say I am almost done, thanks in part to some of the tips I got on this forum! I've just started putting on my binding, and I noticed I've made a (hopefully??) small error. It looks like I pinned one side of the quilt/binding incorrectly in one spot, so when I flip it to start sewing it to the back of the quilt I can actually see a small section of the batting! Not sure how I managed this because I thought I was being meticulous, but I'll take it as a lesson learned and be even more precise on a future quilt.

That being said, I'm wondering if I should rip out the stitches on that side specifically and reposition the entire strip of binding, or just rip the stitches in that very small section and kind of pull the binding further down? I think the latter will make the binding a little uneven looking, but it seems least labour intensive.

So once again, thank you in advance for any advice given to this new and seemingly mistake-prone quilter!