Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 AM
DonnaRae

Originally Posted by mary705
Yes, that would be great. The one at the other site is $16.99, which isn't bad, and it also works with Brother, Singer and other machines. I use my Singer now, but also have a Brother, so my feet are interchangable. My Brother came with a walking foot, my Singer didn't, but I can interchange them, also my bobbins work for either machine.

I haven't used my Brother machine since I bought my Singer this past Christmas, the Brother was maybe a year old, but not computerized. My Singer has many more features. Had I known I was going to love quilting as much as I do, probably would have gone with a machine with more features in the first place.

But, will still keep my Brother, cause it is a little bit lighter to take with me if I ever join a guild or go to my Aunts houses to do some sewing for them.
Here is the site I bought mine. http://stores.ebay.com/Kens-Sewing-and-Vacuum-Center

I have two brothers (3 counting serger) an older Kenmore and older Singer and all the feet are interchangeable. I understand that the newer Kenmore are not. Mine is from the early eightys, but believe me it is one good machine. Anyway most feet are interchangable now. Now it is low shank, high shank, slant shank and even then they now have adapters for say you have high shank, they have adapters so you can use low shank. Amazing. :D Let me know if you find the foot. I gave you the addy of the Ebay store, but it is also on regular ebay bid (but I think that is buy now too. Back to sewing. I am sewing step 2 now. I will be done today I hope! :wink: