View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Iceblossom

I'm happily sewing away. I even cut the correct number of darks/mediums to go with my neutrals/yellows! Yay me, first time I've done it right the first time. Ok, I actually did cut one extra set of the yellows but shh, nobody knows

Did my first set of 12, found that yes, I am cutting large so I can trim down but I cut way large. Was also getting used to my portable Brother, it's 1/4" quilting foot is pretty good. The first set I narrowed it down a bit but now (especially since I cut over) I'm using the outer edge of the foot and am happy with the seams.

Goal for today is to finish the seams, easy goal I like them manageable. About 1/3 will be cut apart and pressed, the rest can wait for pressing tomorrow, probably cut them apart tonight while watching tv. I'll take them to small group on Tuesday for trimming and post a picture after that. I'm rather happy with this set/clue -- but that dark purple is still looking black in comparison to the lights.

When not working on this, I'm finishing up another project which I just finished putting together the center of the quilt last night, next is to put borders on it. I'll still need another project to work on concurrently with the Frolic project so think I'm going to make another one of the one I'm working on -- but with very different fabrics and a larger block size. I've been detailing that over in this thread, life is better now that I took the top apart and put it back together again!
Needing Help Finding A Quilt Pattern