View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 12:53 PM
TeresaA

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
We have the Cricut at home. I have never used it for sewing projects, but use if for vinyl and iron on's all the time. It will cut cardstock, no problem. the actual program it uses seems to be fairly basic, but I haven't explored its intricacies too much. whatever I want to print, I have my hubby help me design in photoshop, save as a png and then import it into Cricut. works fine. Cricut does not properly import it to the same size as you had it in photshop, so once you bring it into the program, you still have to re size it to the size you want. but once you get it the right size, you can save it in the program and not have to worry about resizing it again for the next time you need it. I have printed multiple images hundreds of times and have seen no issues with that kind of margin of error. The only minor (insignificant) errors/inconsistencies have been on images with a very fine negative space that is to be cut out. (think of a face, that is total less than a square inch, and it is cutting out a freckle-hole that is only about 1mm.) So for EPP, you should be just fine!
This is good news! I went ahead and ordered the Cricut! Costco is also carrying the Silhouette, but I tried to install the Sillhouette software and it stalled out before it even got to the point of installation. I figured they were sending me a message and I should listen, ha-ha. So Cricut, it is.

How long do your blades and mats last in cutting card stock items?