View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 03:11 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default Spray Can Starch

Okay, this is a weird one. I've got an older can of spray starch I've been using for the past month, I've only got a few uses left in it and I'm not one to throw anything out until it's completely empty, but I'm going to have to with this can.

Last few days I've noticed I've got red spots on my ironing table, they're very small and when I went to wash the fabric I was using, they came right out. Also noticed that on the occasion, I was getting drops of something slightly oily and sticky on my sewing machine, my tablet and my phone, so it's been driving me crazy trying to figure out what was going on.

My can of starch was spitting out rust colored starch, I noticed it after I sprayed it on a white pillowcase accidentally. Luckily, I'm working on a hexie quilt that has a dark red fabric and after I looked closely at the hexies, I'm happy to say that there weren't any spots on it. Big sigh of relief!

I can't get anymore starch until the first of the year, but it was no biggie to make up some more, I just used a Febreze bottle that was just about empty and poured the cornstarch/water mix into it. So now all my pieces are coming out smelling better than ever, which I'm completely okay with, but seriously wondering has anyone come across this issue?