Old 12-22-2019, 08:47 AM
WendyMcD

Friday all day off and on I worked on a 20 year old Row by Row. The blocks are all 3D and were blue on WOW. I can't tell you how many times I've taken them out these last years to look at them and just put them all away. They just didn't look right all lined up like that. I couldn't see my way through to making them into a center medallion, nothing was working for me. Fast forward, two years ago we went to Alaska and I found panel fabric from Kaufman with all the critters we'd seen on our cruise... well the water ones anyway. Somehow they just needed to be pieced together and the quilt flew to completion on Friday. I still can't believe it's done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]621146[/ATTACH]

Went a little overboard yesterday. I couldn't sleep so I started at 2am. Needed to do a lone star as practice for a commission quilt and I needed a mug rug for the swap so I made that one up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]621147[/ATTACH]
I had the wall hanging going for that swap and worked on it, alternating the two.
Somehow I managed to get both of the pieces quilted and bound, they are finished. Hey they may be small, but that word! Done! It's like,,, heavenly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]621148[/ATTACH]

Between them both I was dyeing up 15 yards of fabric. It's sat over night and now needs to be rinsed, washed, ironed,,, you know the drill.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]621149[/ATTACH]

So then I pulled out the box of blocks, it's a 30 gallon tote,,, completely packed, ok so there's a bit of stuff there. LOL they are all from past swapping and collecting and I don't know what all. Found a Merry Mayhem mystery quilt that I'd put away a good 15 years ago. All the blocks are sewn and I'm a day away from a top. It's a snowball 2 ribbon quilt and I just do not like the colors. Well! Guess what I'm going to do? Yup! I'm going to throw some paint at my snowballs and they will become paint balls! Hahaa! I can't wait to get creative with it so that's where you'll find me today.

I hope ya'll are enjoying your sewing time. I might pull out my Featherweight... the modern machines leave a lot to be desired in the longevity department. Both my Phaff and my Elna, their feed dogs wont stay up which is causing no end of trouble. Once they drop it's almost impossible to get them back up. The buttons can't seem to be fixed either as they have been to several different people for repairing over the years. I hate to say it but my Phaff's been in the barn with the spiders and mice for about 2 decades now. Very said state of affairs. I must be missing it. Now with the Elna screaming (just came from the shop) and sticking again already... loosing the feed dogs was the last straw. Good ole Singer to the rescue. Have a fantastic day. peeps.

Attached Thumbnails 3d-quilt.jpg   mug-rug.jpg   wall-hanging.jpg   fa.jpg