View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 04:03 AM
Mygale

Default Bernina 540 threading issues

I bought a Bernina 540 sewing machine for my mom and we will have the introduction course later this week, where the dealer will learn her the basics about the machine.

However, since she always used sewing machines before, we wanted to start off a bit.

When treading the machine and pulling down the automatic needle threader the following error message pops up on the screen: "Threading not possible, because the needle is not in the correct position. Turn the handwheel to position the needle in the highest position"

When I ignore the error message and use the automatic needle threader, the thread will never go through the needle, so there indeed seems to be an issue.

I already used the handwheel on the side to higher the needle, but it cannot go any higher. I also tried to press the button to set to needle position to "top", but this doesn't make a difference either. Also tried switching off the machine, but when restarted and using the automatic needle threader the error message shows again.

See attached photos.

Do you have any advice to move forward.
Attached Thumbnails wechatimg810.jpeg   wechatimg811.jpeg