View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 03:42 PM
Iceblossom

I'm in again. I did very well last year, what little I bought was used almost immediately in specific projects. I still have two pieces of fabric from the Walmart $1 sale. I have plans for one...

I'm still allowing myself to buy thrift store fabric but I'm becoming more mindful and buying less and less. The moratorium has been good for me on that and for examining my inner desires for buying. I stop and ask can I actually see myself using this particular piece of fabric (not adding it to a collection or whatever) within the next 5 years. I'm surprised how often I tell myself no!

This year I'm going to try and be using my Civil War style fabrics. I was never that thrilled with them myself, but I did a lot of swapping and so I got quite a number of 10" squares to use. I have one top planned, and another one almost there. For those joining us this year, when I talk about collections of swapped fabrics, they have been waiting to be used for 20 years! Most of my swapping days were right around Y2K.

I also have more of the metallics to use up. Goal is that whatever I've done or not done, by the end of the year what remains of the metallic stash will be used or given away.

I have a couple of projects kitted up and ready to go. I say it here because I'm trying to hold myself accountable, but girl -- you gotta work on that paper piecing this year. It's not going to hurt if you just sit down and do it. Once I get those blocks done, the rest of the top (and a slightly pieced back) will go together with fun and ease and then an entire box of stuff will be free to purge.