2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 12-30-2020, 05:17 AM

Time for my summary of 2020 Fabric Moratorium. I managed not to buy "just for stash" for the whole year. I bought some fabrics for the ongoing projects. They filled the gap/dent I had made in the stash throughout the year, but those newly bought fabrics will go soon in big chunks as they are intended for the backs of my UFOs (the UFOs themselves are now either kitted or I have whole blocks already). And I have some plans on how to use up some more fabrics from the stash.

2020 was definitely a success when it comes to reducing the stash!
Old 12-30-2020, 06:07 AM

Vasilisa: Congratulations on your 2020 stash reducing success! It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

Old 01-01-2021, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

My year end summary is a successful one. I believe I spent $12 in 2020 on fabric- and it was specific for a project. A lot came out of my stash- best guess about 60 yards between what I sent to my son and what I used. The room looks like a cyclone went through but I know when I get in there & start putting away I will find I have a lot more space. I managed to do a whole year temperature quilt ith all scraps- only yardage is th Sashing and borders and it was in my stash for a few years. Another year of moratorium and I might feel like I can buy some new fabric just because I like it. - we will see. I’m going to try to finish up projects and make the kits I have this year.
do we have a 2021 moratorium started ?
Old 01-01-2021, 09:18 PM

ckcowl: I would like to see your temperature quilt. Yes the new moratorium has started.