Old 01-01-2020, 05:01 PM
louisiana

Unhappy Help! Bobbin rattling/falling out (and more!), Juki TL2000

Hello! I've been sewing quite a lot this week trying to finish a quilt for my new nephew. I have changed *nothing* in the past week- did not change a bobbin or rethread the machine once. Mid-sewing two blocks together, the stitches froze/stopped advancing. I had to cut the thread, and I have not been able to get the machine to work again! I have re-threaded the whole machine a dozen times, changed out the bobbin with a freshly wound one, and what happens are the following three options:

Option one (by far the most common thing that is happening):
- weird rattling sound that seems like the bobbin is falling out, followed by a sharp clunking noise and the top thread immediately breaking

Option two:
- literally no stitches occurring even though the feeders push the fabric through

Option three:
- if stitches occur, the bottom is a hot mess

It also seems like sometimes the bobbin is feeding multiple threads rather than just one, if that makes sense. When I cut the thread, there will be six or seven in a big clump.

I've got the tension currently set where it is a little below 2 when the presser is down and a little above 2 when it's up.

I've only had this machine for a month (early Xmas present to myself) so I'm not super familiar with it. Any advice appreciated!!!