View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:26 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by QuiltingLawyer View Post
Anyone else feel like these clues are all really fiddily? Normally she's so pull what ever you have and stick in the quilt. This one has been so focused on making sure you have matching sets. I have completely finished half of clues 4 and 6. The rest are cut and ready to chain piece. I did finish clue 5.

I agree that the other QST is probably going to be another flying geese. I'm thinking it might be in neutral... I have tones of neutral left.
I recall Bonnie commenting somewhere in the beginning, that she wanted to mix things up a bit this year so the mystery was less routine for her (that's a rough paraphrase), so that's where I think the 'fiddly' is coming from. I think it has made it quite fun and interesting. I don't recall being quite this curious in other years!

I would be surprised if we pair the aqua with the neutral because the contrast would be so low (for those of us who did go very light with the aqua), but you never know. (I still think she will reveal on Friday. We would then be two days further into January than the usual reveal.) (Missing the old smileys right about now.)

I'm happy to say that I figured out the sweet spot to tuck my right hand (clue 6) point under my feed dogs so they would not get chewed up. Things went much more smoothly after that. I have my right sides sewn and pressed, and pieces all set up for the left hand sewing today. I'm hoping they're not too much of a mess when I go to measure them.

Two of my aqua/blue HSTs sets are missing. It won't be hard to re-do them, but I sure wish I knew where they went.