View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Iceblossom

It took a little bit of digesting for me to get it... but we will have about 2/3rds turned into pinwheels, the remainders will be HST and there are some cut but not sewn HST combinations.

Edit: I've overdyed the pink fabrics, one last wash and then dryer. Used up the last of my vinegar I bought at Costco, nice to get that jug out of the way. I'm trying to keep on task with my combo units and not get distracted by the red issue but too late!

I was thinking that maybe next year I'd do the mystery her way as a very good lesson on pressing to the side. I still prefer my open pressing but I'd be more likely to join more block exchanges if I did what was expected and this would be a good way to do it. Her explanations have been terrific for the side pressing.

Also wanted to credit you accurate sewists! I used to be very good and sniffed at what I called "fabric wasteful" techniques but then I started my slice and dice and trim techniques partly because of my vision issues. After a couple of decades, it's the way I work now cutting large, using squares for small triangles, things like that. My speed is much faster, my accuracy actually better once trimmed, and the waste really isn't that bad, sure an extra half inch per unit or whatever adds up, but typically only adds one extra row of cutting.

In my normal quilting it is extremely rare anymore that I cut anything smaller than 2.5" so these are small but not tiny pieces for me.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 01-03-2020 at 12:28 PM.