View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:37 AM
Iceblossom

Best time to go to Walmart is before 8:00 am! They didn't have much in the Rit dye area and no usable red dye for me dry or liquid, but they had several bottles of stabiilzer. And then I went down the next aisle where there were tons of Tie-Dye stuff. I bought some caustic soda, which is the pretreatment for dying figuring it will help me remove the unset dyes or at least make the cotton more reactive along with some red and fuschia dyes. I've got yesterday's fabrics soaking in there and will do some with the tie dye additives in a bit and hope for the best while I continue on Clue 6 and my hopes to start cutting Clue 7 tomorrow.

I now have the remaining sets ready to go together. Although I try really hard to let my random happen naturally, there is a certain amount of color and value cross over in my fabrics and I had to fiddle around with those last 3-4 sets until I reached good enough balance. Not my favorite combinations at all, Clue 6, but considering all the reservations I've had I'm satisfied that it will work out in the end. The Parakeets looked rather nice together but not so much with my dark colors.