View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 06:50 PM
vadalia

I'm a quilting newbie but somehow have still managed to pile up some UFOs (why are they so much easier to start than finish!?)

What I'm hoping to finish this year:
1) Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt (current)- going to add an extra row, then 2 or 3 borders & quilt
2) Split Rail Quilt (1 year old)- have to add sashing between the already sewn rows, then add the border & quilt
3) Aztec Quilt (6 months old)- I only have a little bit of the fabric cut out for this but I'm looking forward to it, as is my mother who is doing her own version of the same pattern
4) Remember Me Quilt (2+ years old)- bought the kit and never started on it, bought to make my grandma a quilt in memory of my father but ended up giving her a different quilt I made instead
5) A quirky little Halloween quilt kit (2+ years old) I bought when I signed up for a quilt class to work on the Remember Me quilt, but was so worried about remembering the sewing machines that I forgot the Remember Me kit (the irony!) and had to just get something quick to work on for those couple of hours

It's good to get it all down in writing as I've promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore fabric (except for backings) or kits until these were finished (although that does not preclude using my current small-ish stash to start new quilts... what can I say, my willpower is more aluminum foil than iron...) A whole year sounds like just enough time lol