View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Iceblossom

So there I am, zooming along with this step, keeping my pieces organized but doing 10 sets at a time instead of just one. Life is good, but I'm watching my top spool, it's getting low and sometimes there are crossed threads or other problems. I glance up and see it's still awfully full from the last time I looked and darn it! I've just finished sewing my last 4-5 sets with no bobbin thread and now they are mixed up. Fortunately, the non-sewn squares were clipped together in the sewing order and so it wasn't too bad to get back on track. The safety pins are working well, I'm keeping the unsewn fabrics together with them, but I'm keeping the combos together with clothes pin, less invasive to the fabric.

True Story: Today I'm wearing my "It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out" t-shirt. Coincidence or tempting fate??

Goal for today is to finish sewing the pieces that get sewn. I'm more likely to trim the HST tomorrow but it would be nice to get them done today. Still, I can trim and assemble my pinwheels tomorrow and be back on track. It's doable.