View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:21 PM
origamigoldfish

I can't wait to see your finished quilt, Iceblossom! The colors are so pretty!

I am cutting triangle sets for step 7 today...definitely going to be short on the raspberry. By 6 sets, i think. I have plenty of raspberry/pinks left, but they are not quite wide enough or they are not long enough to make a full set of 8.

I am trying to remember if I have something in my tiny tiny stash that is close enough to use, because all I need to complete it is one more fat quarter, but I think all of the pinks I have are totally the wrong shades to go with what I have. And I would rather not introduce a new print this late in the game that I did not use in the earlier clues. I may try to find an extra bit of dark blue too, because I am almost completely out of those as well. A lot of these pinwheel units are actually pieced together from blue scraps from earlier sets.

The fun part is going to be trying to find matching fabric...I bought this as a curated bundle, and a quick check shows me the shop I bought it from removed the listing, and has none of the pinks or dark blues left in their fabric listings. Neutrals and a couple of the lights, but not what I need to purchase. Most of my favorite fabrics in the bundle I got the selvedge edge without the label on it too, so off to google I go!