View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:28 PM
WMUTeach

One way I have found to cut down on unneeded purchases is I do not open e-mail from online vendors of fabric. I just delete them. MSQ was my frequent downfall and now I open, look and delete. I have more than enough on hand to keep me busy for the next year. I honestly have not found any pre-cut, notion or "bargain" that I needed in months. Really, it has been since early fall since I ordered from MSQ. "Sorry Jenny but I have plenty. I will be back when I have depleted my stash."

JoAnn Fabrics sends so many coupons and "deals" that I don't open unless I need, truly need something. Just before Christmas my marking pen died and I lost my thimble. Less than $6 with a 40% off coupon and no fabric.

Fabric.com and other online vendors who are constantly sending me bargains, delete, delete, delete and no browsing.

I have found that fabric, like any addiction, hurts at first but I find great joy in rummaging through my stash and finding all that I need on hand for my next project.

Chins up all. If you fall off our little wagon, jump right back on and tell us about what you used from your stash to create beauty and warmth for others.