View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 11:45 AM
osewfast

Default Quilted Jacket Guidance

Hey Y'all,
I bought a kit for this jacket a couple years ago & I'm determined to make and wear it winter. =)
http://www.jenniferamor.com/shop/Jac...et-x662246.htm But since it was a couple years ago that I bought the pattern/saw the sample at the show I can't recall a few things - so want to toss a few questions out to y'all...
1. Batting - I don't want it too bulky, so is flannel enough or is there an ultra light weight batting available? Bamboo? Silk?
If using flannel - do I use a sandwich of outer pieced fabric/flannel/lining fabric? Or just the outer pieced fabric and then the flannel?
2. Sleeves - Has anyone ever made this garment before? Are the sleeves better quilted or not? The picture on my pattern shows them not quilted, but the website's pattern/picture is quilted.
3. Back of the jacket - is plain/coordinated fabric that is quilted. Should a lightweight batting be used here or the flannel again?

Thank you for any suggestions & advise. I'm an experienced quilter & would love to play with using my creativity on a garment.
Donna Mc

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-12-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps