View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:18 PM
mindless

Yes, Jan! That would be so fun.

I watched a quilting competition just like that online, a couple of years ago. l wish I could remember which quilt shop sponsored it.

They posted a quilting competition in their shop that began with about a dozen or so quilters. Each week? (I think), they were given a theme,or challenge - then they chose their fabrics (and / or used fabrics they were given at the shop), and stitched up small / wall size quilts in the shop, right then. They were given just a few hours, and were then judged in the shop.

Same 4 judges each week.
One person was eliminated, and the remaining contestants were given a new theme or challenge, that was then judged the same day.

And so on until only 2 were left. At that point, the last 2 quilters were given a final challenge, and went home to complete it in a week.

I can't remember which shop it was. I think it may have been held at a quilt shop at or near the Northeastern part of the USA.
All the contestants did such beautiful work, in such a short period of time, It was impressive, and I imagine very difficult to judge.
So fun! I wish they would do it again.

Last edited by mindless; 01-16-2020 at 01:23 PM.