Old 01-17-2020, 06:38 AM
QuiltingVagabond

Good weekend for sewing! I've got lots of irons in the fire right now. I love the Frolic reveal, but it is going back burner for now because other projects have deadlines looming.
I've been making small crazy style pp blocks for a quilt that is supposed to be shown at an April retreat. Some of the blocks had curvy parts, so they had been pulled aside until I was in the mood to deal with them. And now there are only 3 of them left to do!

Then there is the Farmers Wife challenge I'm in - one block a week. I have been trying to stay ahead of those and need to make at least 4 more to keep my "cushion".

Tomorrow I am taking a class on making a lone star using the Quiltsmart foundations. Just looking at the pattern, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, so I'm really glad to have the guidance. I decided to use fabrics to make the finished star appropriate for a veteran's quilt.

There are also some non-quilting sewing projects that need to be done as well. A white pirate blouse for my 7 year old GD needed by mid March for a Disney cruise pirate party. A sweatshirt that needs a makeover because it is way big for my GS, I'm thinking to remove the sleeves and make a raglan sleeve for it, to make the shoulders more narrow and take up the sleeve length. Not fun! But it was a Christmas gift and didn't come in a child size... sigh...
Attached Thumbnails media-1714443453.jpg-1-.jpeg   media-697737261.jpg-1-.jpeg