View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 08:41 PM
peaceandjoy

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Wow, I am overwhelmed by the final clue and reveal. I feel like there are multiple clues all crammed into one. It's kind of like when you read a long mystery book only to have all the outstanding dangling threads all tied up in one crazy final chapter and you are left hanging over a chasm rather than gently led to a safe and secure ending!!!
I am sure I will be able to get thru this, but right now it leaves me not even wanting to try to complete the clues and quilt. I just want to cry out ?!?!?! This may well be my first, and last, BH mystery quilt. Perhaps my foggy brain is just not meant for such things. LOL
I won't cry for help yet, as I haven't even begun to get my head in a starting place on clue 9. Maybe tomorrow...... one can hope.
Each year, it seems there is a clue included with the reveal - so sewing of units before assembly of the top. I don't like that bit, but as people are chomping at the bit and saying they want the reveal, I guess it works for many. This year's seems doubly so - those half and quarter units are daunting. I think they will be manageable, though, going one step at a time. Some folks seem to get competitive about how quickly they can get it all together. Me, not so much. If it's done in a month, I'll be thrilled.

While it can seem overwhelming, keep in mind that you have been working on over 3000 pieces! If I was looking at those numbers ahead of time, I might have said, "Nah, I'm good!" But working in (mostly) simple units, we've done so much already. I don't care for this method of doing the FG, but I do believe it's always good to have more than one way to do things. In the future, I'll happily do the 2 @ a time method, lol.

One step at a time, one block at a time. Don't look at the whole, just one doable piece followed by another!