View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:09 AM
Iceblossom

WendyMcD, my friend Barb was caught up in another project but had selected fabrics. She says she is going to go ahead and do it even after the reveal.

What I wish I knew then: I should have thought through the Parakeet a bit more. It was a big hint to us all that Bonnie used one fabric, I considered it but decided to go ahead with random because everything else was random. With changing my neutrals to Yellow, I should have changed the Parakeet too -- to a deeper more mossy green which I even had in my bag of fabric but I felt good about being close to her paint chip. I'm having a lot of issues with my Neutrals being yellow anyway, and the light green going into yellow as well is not my happy place, so far the red into yellow isn't as big an issue. So when I stretched my aquas into a broader ranger of colors, those are actually working better for me but not so sure how it will all go together. But I'm sure it's going to be fine, fine, fine. I think my son and DDiL might like this, I haven't been able to get any input from them on a wedding quilt...

I'm going along pretty well now, making the sub-unit for 2 blocks at a time. I'll be doing all the sub-units for all the pinwheel sets before I start putting the blocks together. I did have a bit of a freak out when I started, thought I lost a pinwheel, but no -- just grabbed a non-pinwheel set out of the box!

Last edited by Iceblossom; 01-18-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: got confused between Green/Parakeet and Aqua/Refresh