View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM
Iceblossom

If your color range is fairly narrow, I don't think it makes that big a deal about them matching the pinwheels, it helps to reinforce the circular aspects of the design if they do. But so does using just one fabric for the Parakeet/Green.

I was going to take other things but I'm going to try and pin up some of block units at my small group today. I still only want to sew two sets at a time, but I think I can at least get the subunits ready for the rest of the blocks and keep them clipped together. I really expected to spend yesterday sewing and not thrift shopping and goofing off with the hubby. So although I've been slacking the last few days, I'm feeling the pressure of wanting to get this Frolic done and move on to other things.

I think I will be completing it exactly as Bonnie designed it with the sawtooth border. Don't know when it will be quilted, depends on if someone really likes it and wants it, otherwise it was always meant for donation. I had found a great piece of fabric for the binding but wanted to see what the reveal was, I think it will be excellent -- but I need to dye test it first! I think it is a commercially prepared piece but not sure, a rather nice stripped effect batiky thing in nice colors. I like using stripes in bias binding, it adds movement that I appreciate.