View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 03:25 AM
Iceblossom

Having a bad sleep night, which isn't a bad thing... I've had chronic insomnia for decades now and just don't really worry so much if I feel like getting up for a few hours. The bad times are when you are awake but so desperately tired and not able to get up.

Have about half of my blocks ready for the first round of sewing them together. From those, about half of the light Parakeet greens next to the Yellow neutrals are giving me fits. I'm repeating to myself that it will be fine, things are not going to be the way I would do them. But some of the connections between the two are really bad, or more properly you can't tell they are two different color groups and and I think that is worse, although it might smooth out when I start putting the blocks together. Choosing the yellows for the rectangles will help some, but a different fabric choice for Parakeet would have done more for me -- lol especially using a solid darker tone to account from changing the neutrals to yellow.

Oh well, these things are going to happen anyway and especially with a scrappy mystery quilt. If I concentrate on the stars in the center, I'm pretty happy and love the marbled textured look the hand dyes give. I like touching and brushing my hand over the blocks, so even if my eyes flinch at some of those Parakeets, my hands are happy. Although I have some of those funky monkeys in my geese and not all my pinwheels are perfect, overall I'm pretty happy with my workmanship and the ease of these sub-units going together.