View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Iceblossom

Well. Now that I've digested the setting triangles, I see why Joe's Mom redid some of her half blocks into full blocks. I'm going ahead with what I have but I am tempted to switch out those ones that I'm not happy with. As I do the setting triangles I'm being slightly fussy with what yellows I use and am not using any of the lightest ones that gave me the most troubles. As long as I stuck with school bus yellow I was ok, it was me diving into lemonade that caused problems.

I understand we need mysteries but I would have definitely made some different decisions on my pinwheels had I known then what I know now. So for those of you who are lagging behind benefit from looking ahead! There are reds I could have happily used for the half blocks that I didn't use at all because they were just an inch short of the full blocks...

I don't think this is a "breaking the rules" picture especially since the reveal has been made and we've been showing our blocks but I had a hard time picturing the pieces that would be left over and I figured that the half blocks would be a bit better utilized, but no... these are indeed half blocks made from the pieces of a full block. So these are the pieces left over from one block.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5516.jpg