View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Iceblossom

That's wonderful Tweety! Your fabrics all worked together so well, was that stash or bought specifically for this?? Are you going with the border as designed?

Despite my complaining about the setting triangle/waste fabric issue, I am enjoying this project especially as it nears completion. And like I said, before, I get the mystery aspects and why she had us do all those HST in the beginning even with the strong suspicion that they were going to be border (except I thought pinwheels, but I was close). Complainers like me are likely to go ahead with using them up but not willing to make them at this point in the project.

Since I am adding extra fabric to make my setting triangles, I think I am going to end up with 9 full extra blocks but my math has been off this whole time... I am still planning on slicing them in half and using them in the back, choosing the best variety of colors and workmanship for the top.

So this is what you need to add to make your non-pinwheel sets into 2 setting triangles instead of 1, should you wish to join me down the rabbit hole. You need two entire corner units each made up of a 4-patch, two neutrals, and 1 HST that you need to make (for a total of making two HST). Using the technique I've been using all along of an oversized square and drawing the line down the middle then stitching on either side of the line gives me both HST out of one each Refresh/Blue matching square. You also need those extra pinwheel pieces, again you need one square of each color cut in half. Since I cut oversized and trim down, I'm leaving them large until I trim the overall unit once it is assembled. At the end you have the two unused HST, I'm cool with that...
Attached Thumbnails 100_5527.jpg