View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 03:41 AM
Quossum

Nice finishes, everyone! I loved those little fishes!

I started out gangbusters this year with two big finishes, but now I've hit a major roadblock: My faithful machine started acting up while I was quilting my latest piece: thread breaking, bobbin thread getting all weird underneath the quilt, top thread shredding and snapping. At first I thought it was just being finicky about the relative thread weights, so I tried some different combinations, no change. After grinding my teeth and pulling out lots of fried quilting, I tried vacuuming and oiling the machine, no change. I think there's something wrong with the tension discs. I can feel some "stickiness" when I pull thread through.

So, it seems I'm at a stall until I can take the machine in and get it serviced. It's been a while since it's been in for maintenance, so it's just as well, but the timing! I was really on a roll!

To be fair, I do have a little Gem Gold that I use as my portable machine, and I could break it out and work on UFOs that are at the piecing stages. But it just feels like a real blow to my momentum.

Please send "Don't get discouraged" vibes my way!